Capturing data from 3rd party paper ensures that Outlaw remains the bulletproof source of truth for your entire contract universe.
To capture data for a 3rd party contract, first associate it with an existing dynamic contract template. If you don't currently have an active template that matches the agreement type you are uploading, you'll want to create/edit a template for this purpose. Note that only "core" users (Team role Editor or Owner) can edit templates.
Upload 3rd Party Paper
In the Contracts tab click "Upload" and select a file from your computer:
Associate 3rd Party Document with a Template
Before you can fill in contract data, you'll need to associate the uploaded document with an existing template. This is because templates contain the variable fields for the data you want to capture for each agreement type.
To associate the uploaded document with an existing template, open the Variables panel (lightning bolt icon at upper right) and select the relevant template:
Once you have selected a template, template variables are exposed and can be manually plugged in with values:
Values entered in the Variables panel feed into contract data search and filtering tools so that when you search for a deal or run a report, data from 3rd party contracts are included in the results!
Updating Variable Data Values
If the values for any of the data you've filled in changes over the course of contract negotiation, simply open the Variables panel to update any values that have changed. This can be done in any contract phase, including "Done."
Benefits to capturing data for 3rd Party Paper:
- Key contract data and terms are visible to all relevant teammates
- Authorized teammates can contract data as needed for superior deal tracking
- Contract repository data remains 100% complete and accurate for all deals, not just those that originated on Outlaw (i.e. data continuity across entire contract universe)
- Easily and quickly locate all documents by agreement type (ex: "I want to see all of our Amendments.")
- Easily and quickly locate all documents that meet specific search criteria (ex. "I want to see all Vendor agreements with a 5 year term that are expiring in 90 days.")