How to Create a New Footnote within Draft
- Find the section that you are looking to add the footnote into and begin by typing
- Enter in the footnote to the provided box and click create. You will see the highlighted footnote create.
How to add in an existing footnote to another section in Draft
Adding in a Footnote within Flow
If you are drafting your contract/document and realize you need to add in a footnote to a section, you are able to do so by following the steps below.
- Click into the section you would like to associate the footnote with
- Toggle off redlining within the section
- Begin by typing [^ and you will see the option to add in a new footnote or add a footnote from those already existing within your list
- Once the footnote has been added, click "Save" for the section
Updating a Footnote within Flow
Once you have generated your contract, you may want to update existing footnotes within your document.
- Select the footnote within the section you are looking to update
- Type in your updated text
- Click Save
Deleting a Footnote within Flow
After you have generated your contract/document and you are working through it, you may find the need to delete a footnote from a certain section.
- Click into the applicable section and toggle off red-lining
- Highlight the footnote name and delete - you will see that the footnote text beneath the section gets crossed out
- To confirm deletion of the footnote, click "Save" on the section